United Way of Pierce County is committed to making measurable improvements in the lives of people in our community.
Our mission is best executed when we identify
critical issues and then use your gift to fund a
combination of programs and initiatives to best
address those issues.
A few years ago, we turned to the community— people like you—to ask what you felt were the
most critical issues affecting Pierce County.
The answer was Education, Income and Health,
elements that are the foundation for a good life.
We set out to learn as much as we could about
these challenges and find partners who could
help us make systemic changes in these areas.
What resulted is a focused plan to improve our
community as well as funding guidelines for
contributions made to United Way’s Community
Solutions Fund. This plan not only helps guide
funding decisions, it also includes ideas on how
we can best use volunteer and advocacy support.
EDUCATION - Help children and youth achieve their potential through education
- Help more kids start school with the skills to succeed.
- Improve the number of teens graduating from high school on time.
INCOME - Promote economic stability and independence
- Help families become more stable by increasing the number of affordable homes.
- Help struggling families and individuals thrive through economic self-sufficiency.
HEALTH - Improve People's Health
- Make health care services more available to those who need them.
- Teach children and adults to be healthier and prevent health issues.
EMERGENCY AND SUPPORT SERVICES Help people in crisis by providing the services they need most.
We invite you to join us in this important work.
Whether you give money, volunteer your time or
advocate for solutions in these areas,
you are LIVING UNITED.
Our Board of Directors
Our Management Team
Our Annual Report
IRS Determination Letter
Frequently Asked Questions