Meeting the basic needs of people in our community and helping them develop skills to become more stable and reduce their dependence on services is critical. We are helping address the immediate basic needs of people right here in our community — providing food, shelter, transportation and medication. There are programs to help people overcome crises, ensure everyone has a roof over their heads, food on the table and help families maintain stable housing.
South Sound 2-1-1
Operated by United Way of Pierce County, South Sound 2-1-1 is a comprehensive information and referral line serving Pierce, Thurston, and Lewis Counties that connects people with essential health and human resources.
By simply dialing 2-1-1, callers can access a live Information and Referral Specialist between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday. Specialists can guide the caller to programs that meet their unique needs.
This free service connects people with services such as:
- Rent and Utility Assistance
- Counseling and Mental Health Services
- Food and Clothing Resources
- Shelter and Affordable Housing
- Employment and Education Services
- Military/Veteran Resources
- Free Tax Preparation Services
- Familywize Discount Prescriptions
Information and referral specialists offer compassion, understanding and advocacy to callers from Pierce, Thurston and Lewis counties. All calls are confidential.
To find the resources you need, simply dial 2-1-1. You can also get connected by downloading the WIN 2-1-1 app.
If you have additional questions about the Information and Referral Specialist position or if you would like your organization to be included in our database just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2-1-1 IN ACTION
Check out a few of our videos
The South Sound 2-1-1 call center is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with 24-hour voice mail. For questions or additional information about South Sound 2-1-1, please call 2-1-1 or toll free at 1-877-211-WASH (9274) or email us, including your zip code or telephone number, at email@example.com.
South Sound 2-1-1 Partners
- Associated Ministries
- Catholic Community Services
- Center for Dialogue and Resolution
- Pierce County Human Services
- Northwest Furniture Bank
- First Five Fundamentals
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Pierce County Project Access
- Sound Outreach
- Pierce County Dental Society
- Pierce County Department of Emergency Management
- Tacoma Pierce County Health Department
- Around the Sound/TransPro
- Pierce County Labor Community Services Agency
- Puget Sound Educational Services District
- The Mustard Seed Project
- Pierce Transit