Alexis de Tocqueville was a French philosopher and philanthropist who travelled America in 1831. His journals record his thoughts on democracy and his observations about the remarkable commitment Americans make to the improvement of their communities. The name Tocqueville Society was chosen in honor of his admiration for the spirit of voluntary association and effort toward its advancement.
For more information about Tocqueville gifts at work in Pierce County, contact Greer Toddhunter at (253) 682.1817 or email@example.com.
CURRENT TOCQUEVILLE SOCIETY MEMBERS
Calvin and Joanne Bamford
William and Della Robertson
Do you want to help break the cycle of poverty? Leadership donors are committed and passionate individuals leading the change in our community. A leadership gift of $1,000 or more to United Way of Pierce County reaches across our community to lift up our kids and neighbors in need and Change the Story.
BENEFITS OF LEADERSHIP GIVING
- Joining a community of friends, neighbors and colleagues who are uniting to end poverty one family at a time.
- Receive special updates on the impact of your gift.
- Join conversations around our work helping children and families.
- Network and have fun at events with fellow members, community, civic and business leaders.
- Volunteer at custom-created projects.
- Receive recognition in print and online.
- Change more lives.
Women United is working from the heart to unite caring women to tackle our community’s toughest challenges. A global network of more than 70,000 women united to advance the common good in local communities and create a better life for all. Created and led by women, Women United members give more than any other similar women’s group, raising in excess of $1 billion in 12 years nationally.
WHAT SETS US APART
While the dollars raised by United Way Women’s Leadership Councils are impressive, what really sets us apart is that members engage hands-on in driving change locally. Beyond an annual financial contribution, members invest their time, professional expertise, and talent to improve the lives of children and families. At the same time, members have an opportunity to connect with other powerful, committed women in the community. Members’ ages, ethnic backgrounds, geographies, professions and interest are diverse, but we share a common goal of making an early investment in our children and their families, and helping them remove the barriers preventing them from breaking the cycle of poverty.
Women United members make an annual gift of $1,000 or more.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
Grounded in the idea that when children and families succeed our community succeeds, members stand up, united and take action on issues that hit closest to home by giving, advocating and volunteering.
When a network of caring, powerful women get together to drive change, anything is possible - prove us right! Contact Robyn Jones at 253-272-4267 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Emerging Philanthropists Project is a network of young leaders who are dedicated to changing lives through philanthropic leadership through collaboration with other like-minded leaders across Pierce County. EPP members are compassionate, dedicated, and on a mission to encourage the spirit of philanthropy through commitment to volunteerism, fundraising, and advocacy on behalf of United Way of Pierce County.
WHAT ARE THE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS?
- A chance to meet like-minded colleagues and peers to change lives in Pierce County
- Instant access to a network of community business leaders and volunteers
- Increased involvement in the community by participating in skills-based volunteer projects that have measurable impact on our community
- Professional and personal growth through participating in a variety of learning and leadership development opportunities
- Eligible for further leadership opportunities by becoming a Council member.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A MEMBER?
As an Emerging Philanthropist, your gift of $250 or more to the United Way of Pierce County will shape opportunity for our community who needs your help more now than ever. Help us break the cycle of poverty!
WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
We believe everyone deserves to have a good life, and with your support, you have the opportunity to make change for the greater good of our community.
For more information call 253-682-1817 or email email@example.com