FOOD, FRIENDS, and FUN
Summer is a critical time for children’s academic and physical well-being. During the summer children are at a higher risk of both hunger and the "Summer Slide". Offering free, nutritious meals provides an incentive for children to participate in summer enrichment programs, which means that children are not only well-fed, but engaged in academic and recreational activities.
Many kids who rely on school meals struggle to get enough to eat during the summer months. United Way is proud to partner with St. Leo's Food Connection, Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCA, local school districts and food banks and many more to help provide kids with food during the summer. Use the map below to find a summer meal site near you or call South Sound 2-1-1 by simply dialing 2-1-1.
WANT TO HELP?
Join the fight against poverty by helping us this summer!
- Take your lunch hour and volunteer to read to kids or help with activities at a summer meal site.
- Hold a book drive and donate them to United Way's Summer Learning efforts.
- Sponsor a summer meal site.
- Agree to host a site for the entire summer. Gather your friends and co-workers, come up with activities and spend your summer having fun while helping kids!
- Get your company to sponsor a field day at one of our sites and rally your colleagues to help pull it off.
- Download a poster and put it up at your church, your business or in your neighborhood.
- Share the map to your social media profile and encourage your friends and followers to pass it on.
Contact our Volunteer Center at email@example.com to get involved.