In a growing community, transportation is a vital component to finding and maintaining a job, getting to medical appointments and running essential errands. Transportation is one of the leading barriers preventing people from accessing vital services.
South Sound 2-1-1 call center is a comprehensive information and referral line that connects people with essential health and human resources. South Sound 2-1-1, in collaboration with community agencies and local transit agencies, helps to coordinate transportation resources throughout Pierce, Thurston, and Lewis Counties. Information and Referral Specialists can then help direct callers to transportation resources that best fit their needs.
PIERCE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION COALITION
South Sound 2-1-1 is a member of the Pierce County Coordinated Transportation Coalition. Coalition members include:
- Around the Sound
- Associated Ministries
- Catholic Community Services
- Coastal Transport
- Key Peninsula Community Council
- Local Motion - Paratransit, Inc.
- Pierce County Community Connections
- Aging and Disabilities Resources Pierce Transit
- Puget Sound Educational Services District
- Sound Transit
- The Mustard Seed
- Washington Department of Social and Health Services
- Washington Department of Transportation
- To add your transportation agency to the South Sound 211 database
- To become a member of the Pierce County Coordinated Transportation Coalition
South Sound 2-1-1 operates its programs without regard to race, color, and national origin. To receive additional information on its discrimination obligations, including its complaint procedures, please contact email@example.com